the nbi clearance is an important document required when applying for work, getting a visa and for other purposes where you have to clear yourself of any criminal record.
i needed to renew my nbi clearance early today for my visa application. i was delighted to know that there's a kiosk near my place where i can get it renewed in a few minutes. unfortunately, the few minutes i was expecting turned out to be close to an hour. so here's what i had to go through, step by step, based on my experience in the robinsons place cebu kiosk.
1. line up for payment. while in the line, an nbi personnel will put barcode stickers on your old nbi clearance copies. before they do that, you have to show them a valid id. you will be asked to write your id card details on your old nbi copy before they'll finally put a mark on it. (i really didn't get this part of the process. as far as i can remember, no one checked on these when i got to the counter.)
2. prepare php115 for the usual paper copy and another php120 for the new nbi clearance renewal card. (i didn't have enough money, so i just paid for the paper)
3. transfer to another line for the actual processing of your nbi clearance. picture will be taken and you'll never be notified whether they're taking your photo already. (if you don't want to look like a criminal on your clearance, i suggest you smile by the time you stand/sit in the area until you leave)
4. your new nbi clearance copy is now printing. be ready to submit your right hand to the nbi personnel for him to put your thumbarks on the new copy.
5. pay another php5, (i think this is for the wet tissue handed to wipe your inked right thumb) and off you go.
it would seem like a very short process. yeah, for early birds. so here's a tip, go to the robinson kiosk as early as 7:00AM (the kiosk opens when the mall opens at around 10:00AM) or you could catch the second batch by lining up at around 11:00AM (second batch processing starts at 2:00PM)
hope you were able to find this guide for nbi clearance renewal helpful.